Thursday, October 15, 2009

Super Model


Not being in the full swing of this blog, I’m not sure that I am supposed to add to it every day. But, for what it’s worth, this is the super model from yesterday’s shoot. A very lovely Red Snapper plated with squash and beans. What I love best about being a photographer, especially a food photographer, is the opportunity to work with a team. There’s the Creative Director and Photo Editor as well as other people from the magazine. I work closely with other freelancers like myself. There’s a prop stylist who is responsible for surfaces and dishes and all the stuff. The food stylist on set is responsible for preparing the food and then there’s my end which involves the camera. I have two people helping me. An assistant and also a tech that works with the digital capture. I rarely shoot film these days. Really? There’s no greater fun than working with people who know what they are doing and enjoy doing it. Next time I'm on set, maybe I'll be bold enough to shoot the crew. Now that you've met my camera (who is not shy), let's see if I can manage to introduce you to the rest (who might be).

No comments:

Post a Comment