Sunday, October 11, 2009

Cathy


This is Cathy. Cathy is Sylvia's aunt and my sister (funny how that works). Cathy is going to be a pastry chef very soon, which means that her official name will be 'Chef Cathy'. I suspect we are going to have a lot of fun with that! We have to eat 'homework' almost everyday. I loved it when that meant fruit tarts. Chocolate isn't bad either and that's what Cathy is studying now.

I have been learning a lot by watching Cathy work and have a new appreciation for what goes on in a bakery. I'm going to be asking Cathy to come up with a simple dessert recipe for this blog. Any suggestions? She was considering brownies.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful tarts! Beautiful photos! How about Lemon Squares?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll pass that along! After Thursday's tasting at the French Culinary Institute, 'Lemon Squares' will probably translate as 'Lemon Squares with Vanilla Granita and (fill in the blank) Drizzle'. Oh, I know! Blackcurrent Drizzle! Truly out of hand, this life with dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My vote for an easy dessert recipe is fruit crisp. It's so versatile, using fruit that is in season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patti,

    Just saw your comment. A fruit crisp is perfect! Let me see if I can put Cathy to work, otherwise I guess I'll have to figure it out myself... unless you are ready to make a guest appearance on Kitchen Primer!

    ReplyDelete