Thursday, October 15, 2009

Life is Tough




How tough is it? I had to eat dessert, not once, but twice this afternoon... at one sitting! Cathy (who in a few weeks will discard her cap for a much taller and impressive hat) is in the throws of ‘plated desserts’. Friends and family were asked to attend in order to give the kitchen a a ‘dress rehearsal’ and grade the presentation. Yikes! Every time I think that I am finished with sugar, there it is again. Now, it could be argued that this is all in the line of duty and supporting Cathy’s new career as a pastry chef, but the reality of all this beautiful confection is that is should really be a treat and not a lifestyle. I’m feeling it, the addiction to sugar (not to mention a little muffin top that’s all my own). How nostalgic I feel for the bread cycle and those lovely baguettes stacked ready in the freezer.... but back to today. The Marscapone something with the Earl Grey sorbet was really divine. I’ll diet tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment