Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Looks Aren’t Everything


This is probably the least pretty picture that I have posted so far. What is it?

It’s a Sweet Potato with little cavities cut out to make room for slivers of garlic. In total, there are about six holes in this potato with corresponding pieces of garlic crammed in. Once you’ve done that, wrap the whole thing in some foil and put it in the oven next to what ever else is cooking. Leave it there until it gets soft (about one hour at 450 degrees or longer if it is in an oven that is at a lower temperature). Carefully open the foil and slice it into disks. Heaven!

This is the easiest and best way I know of to cook sweet potatoes. If someone asks you to make a contribution to the Thanksgiving meal, do this. You can’t go wrong. I’d stake my garlic press on it!

I hope that your holiday is as effortless and delicious as this potato is destined to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment