Monday, November 30, 2009

Food for Thought


Admission: I have been overwhelmed by the demands of the season (and it’s not over yet!). Not just the holiday season, but this season in my life. My children are learning self-sufficiency and my parents need more assistance. Days just don’t seem adequate to the tasks at hand.

When I think of the things that carry me through, I always think of friends, work, my home and the small daily occurrences of a nice meal, an interesting conversation or some little bit of order. Most often each of those is associated with the kitchen. This is the room that I miss the most when gone. Tomorrow starts a week away from my desk, my kitchen and this blog. It’s time to visit my father. I’ll be back soon and look forward to establishing, once again, the rhythm of writing and shooting and helping you out in your kitchen.

Practice on the beans, make some soup and don’t forget to keep the most important room in the house clean and cook-ready. What do you think of a series titled ‘Pantry Chronicles’? This will be my food for thought while away!

No comments:

Post a Comment