Thursday, March 4, 2010

Tundra Toast: Survival Food


Ok, so now you know about UHT, what’s another way to have edible stuff that is always available no matter how pre-occupied, lazy, jetlagged or (your excuse here) you may be? The freezer!!! As in ‘duh’.

To be honest? I don’t go through a loaf of bread in time for it to stay fresh. Ditto for hamburger buns and onion naan (a Middle Eastern flat bread that is one of my favorites). By freezing a selection of breads, and simply thawing out what you want (the toaster or toaster oven will do this in a snap) you will always have variety and something edible to give you the strength necessary for a trip to the store. Which is where I am headed. I promise an entry with something fresh next time! That is after I thaw out a piece of naan and some soup and finalize the grocery list.

No comments:

Post a Comment