Friday, May 20, 2011

Spring Cleaning and Optimism



Maybe I should wait until after The Rapture (just in case), but some brands of optimism know no bounds and I feel confident that there will be a blog (and appetites) next week. How about adding a sense of order to give us a little spring in our culinary step?  Jerry was absolutely right about too many entries to navigate.  Now you can look at the ‘Label’ area on the right side (below the photo of Sylvia laughing) if you want to skip to a category.  Feel free to let me know if there are some labels that you would like me to include.

So… in the service of simplicity, I’m trying to keep it just that.  “Food for Thought” are my little rants and musings, “Vegetables” include everything from squashes and potatoes to the leafy green stuff (what do you think?  Should that be another category?), “Fruits” are self-explanatory and if you want to find them via season there are the “Seasonal” listings.  Rice is actually a grain, but in case you didn’t know, I felt it was important enough to share billing with grain.  “Sauces and Dips” are not dance steps and also include salad dressings.  “Kitchen Equipment” is the place to go for the instructional non-food stuff.  A little self-control has been exercised with “Herbs and Spices”; I’ve tried to save this for entries about single ingredients.  Naturally there are herbs and spices almost everywhere, this is for very basic information.   No doubt, I’ll be adding a few more labels as I work to complete this, but before something happens, I want to get posted.

As much as I’d like to stay up all night and complete this spring-cleaning,  a new salmon recipe beckons and a blogger has to eat! 

Tomorrow is going to be just fine (not worried a wink).  Next week we can go into raptures about something edible and seasonal! 

2 comments: