Monday, December 14, 2009

'Set the Table' Please


This is a picture of an informal Place Setting. When you need to ‘set the table’ this is standard. If you were getting very fancy and had salad forks or dessertspoons, etc, it would be a little more complicated.

But, as our goal is getting the ‘basics’, this will serve. Having a table set with a special glass or a napkin shows that you are paying attention to the details. Your guests will know that you have thought of them and will feel welcomed. Haven’t had time to prepare the table? Put your guests to work! They’ll feel useful and that’s welcoming too.

It’s been a busy day for me, so I hope this will suffice. In fact, I have my son and some friends coming over for dinner and need to ‘set the table’ myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment