Friday, December 18, 2009

“Never Apologize”




Nothing wrong a day that starts out with new cookbooks! These were waiting for me this morning, a present from my sister and I am delighted!

There is not a ‘foodie’ on the planet that is not in love with Julia Child. If you ever have the opportunity to watch episodes of her cooking show (she is one of the first to cook on TV), you should. She is light hearted and generous and such fun!

Because it’s my big day (and I’m doing my favorite thing, which is cooking for friends), this is going to be a short entry. What I would like to leave you with (consider it a virtual party bag) is something that Julia insisted on.

“Never apologize for a meal.”

Not sure if that’s a direct quote, but it’s something I have learned to practice. Friends are always happy to be fed. Don’t point out what you think may be your mistakes! Focus on the positive. Cooking, like so many endeavors, provides many metaphor moments. This is a big one. Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment